Yoga is beneficial for children in many ways. At Serendipity Learning, our Yoga Instructor provides a fun-filled, interactive one-hour class teaching yoga technique through stories, play and music.
Because children encounter emotional, social, and physical challenges in their daily life, this specific program can be incredibly valuable for them. Yoga is something children can practice anywhere so the breathing, the concentration, the poses, and the way children learn to act or react to situations, will lead to constant self-discovery and inquisitiveness.
The benefits of yoga are:
- Enhanced Physical Flexibility – promotes physical strength and can help a child become aware of their body and how it efficiently functions.
- It Refines Balance and Coordination – balance is a key element of yoga and it promotes mental and physical poise. Coordination is also closely tied to balance and promotes overall dexterity.
- It Develops Focus and Concentration – the act of practicing poses encourages children to clear their mind and focus on the effort.
- It Boosts Self-Esteem and Confidence – yoga helps to instil confidence and build perseverance and patience.
- It Strengthens the Mind-Body Connection – yoga helps children achieve a sound mind in a sound body by exercising the physical body and calming the mental spirit.